Does anyone else feel like this year went from winter straight into summer? It feels like only days ago we were still wearing coats, and now we’re deep into shorts and sandals. Don’t get me wrong, I am not complaining. The return of warm weather brings with it an exciting return of fun summer activities, and there are a multitude of ways to spend a sunny, or rainy, summer day in and around Greater Cincinnati.
So gather up your friends and family, and join the fun:
- Take a trip to visit Fiona and the other animals at the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Gardens, and don’t forget to ride the train while you’re there!
- Spend the day at King’s Island riding their record breaking coasters, like Banshee and The Beast, and play fun games too.
- Don’t forget to catch some rides, thrilling or kid-friendly, at Coney Island, and catch some rays at the Sunlite pool.
- Dare to take on Shark Bridge and walk above hundreds of sharks, or maybe play with a penguin, at the Newport Aquarium.
- Play a round of mini-golf course at the Fairfield Fun Center, then pick up a treat from Jungle Jim’s right down the street.
- Spend a morning at Findlay Market and try something delicious, like a waffle from Taste of Belgium or some Eli’s BBQ, or pick up some fresh meat to grill out.
- See the city from a new angle and take in the beautiful views from the Carew Tower and Observation Deck, which grants visitors unparalled 360-degree views of the city.
- Set sail for the evening on a BB Riverboats cruise. Choose from wine and whiskey tastings to chef’s special dinner cruises!
- Take a nighttime stroll down at Smale Riverfront Park and be sure to chill on a swing and appreciate how pretty the city is at night.
- Take in a concert at Riverbend – there is something for everyone this summer, with singers and bands like Dave Matthews Band & Jimmy Buffet.
- Grab dinner then experience a show at the Aronoff Center downtown, like Disney’s Aladdin.
- Catch one of Cincinnati’s brewery tours to experience all the fine beer the city has to offer, many including stops at places like Christian Moerelein and Rhinegeist.
- Check out the JACK Casino’s summertime events, like the Melissa Etheridge concert.
- Spend some time with the Reds! With everything from 21+ specialty areas to Sunday family games, there is something for everyone at the Great American Ball Park.
- Check out one of professional soccer’s hottest up and coming teams, FC Cincinnati, over at Nippert Field and experience the hype.
Educational/Historical (ideal for rainy days)
- Explore the Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal and check out the new Duke Energy Kids Museum, or spend some time at the 21+ CurioCity events in partnership with Rhinegeist brewery.
- Get groovy and check out some cool, classic neon at the American Sign Museum.
- Take a trip to the Cincinnati Art Museum and explore their massive collection, and special exhibit featuring soldiers from the Chinese Terracotta Army.
- Navigate your way through the Cincinnati Freedom Center and experience the new Virtual Reality Rosa Parks exhibit.
- Don’t forget about the Taft Museum! Wander through the otherworldly Patrick Dougherty exhibit on the front lawn and be sure to check out the coming Ansel Adams Photograph exhibit.
- Wander around Krohn Conservatory for a while and take in all the kinds of life. Don’t miss out on the special Butterflies of Madagascar exhibit currently open!
- May 26-28th – Taste of Cincinnati, Downtown
- June 1-3rd – Bunbury Music Festival, Sawyer Point
- Friday, June 1st – National Donut Day, Fountain Square
- June 29th – Melissa Etheridge at JACK Casino
- May 29th- June 10th – Aladdin at the Aronoff Center
- June 7th – Dave Matthews Band, Riverbend
- July 10th – Jimmy Buffet, Riverbend
- June 23rd -September 16th – Ansel Adams: A Photographer’s Exhibition, Taft Museum of Art
- Now through June 17th – Butterflies of Madagascar at the Krohn Conservatory
- Now through August 12th – Terracotta Army Exhibit at the Cincinnati Art Museum
Many of the places on this list get Fioptics free WiFi so you can stay connected while exploring! Make sure to download the free Connect Cincinnati app by Cincinnati Bell in the App Store or Google Play to see if the areas you're in are connected, and if there are any cool specials or deals at locations around you!
With all the awesome things to do in Cincinnati, make this the best summer ever.