Since 1999, the month of June has been named Pride Month. Although, the work started over 50 years ago after the Stonewall Uprising.
It’s a time to celebrate the LGBTQ+ community and embrace a culture of diversity and inclusion. Fortunately, the Cincinnati region supports Pride Month by hosting multiple different events and parades. There are also local LGBTQ+ friendly businesses you can support in June and all summer long.
Need some ideas? Check out our Guide to Pride below.
Pride Events in Cincinnati, Dayton, Covington
- Friday, June 3: Watch the Reds play then enjoy the 'Fireworks Friday' show during Pride Night at Great American Ball Park! Purchase tickets here: https://www.mlb.com/reds/tickets/specials/community-nights to receive a free Pride hat.
- June 4 and 5: The Greater Dayton LGBT Center celebrates Pride each year on the first weekend of June. It kicks off with the Affair on the Square at Courthouse Square on Friday night followed by a parade and festival on Saturday, and a 5K on Sunday. Dayton also has a Black Pride Festival and social events in July you can find here: https://www.daytonblackpride.org/
- Sunday, June 5: The Northern Kentucky Pride Festival takes place on Sunday, June 5 at MainStrasse and Goebel Park from 12 to 5pm ET. Having fun? Stay for the afterparty at Hotel Covington at 5:30pm.
- Friday, June 24: Don't miss Middletown Pride in downtown Middletown, OH from 5-9pm! Stay up-to-date with details, here: https://www.facebook.com/pridemiddletown
- Saturday, June 25: The Cincinnati Pride Parade returns for 2022! Starting at 11am ET, the parade route begins at 7th Street and Central Avenue and ends at Yeatman's Cove for the festival. Be on the lookout for our altafiber truck.
Local LGBTQ+ Friendly Businesses
- e19 Lounge Bar and Discothèque: Located on Elm St. in OTR, this upscale bar and dance club creates a fun and welcoming experience for the LGBTQ+ community and allies.
- Lil's Bagels: This fan-favorite bagel shop in Covington, KY is hosting the first "Queers with Gears" bike ride on Wednesday, June 1! Queers with Gears is a ride for action to recognize, empower, and celebrate the Queer+ community and allies. Register for free, here: https://checkout.eventcreate.com/queerswithgears/select-buy.
- Knox Joseph Distillery: Also known as OTR Stillhouse, this new hot spot is a distillery, winery, and brewery all in one...with a huge outdoor patio! Click here to learn how Knox Joseph Distillery is named after Michele Hobbs' children and her story of launching this LGBTQ+ friendly business, and check out Connect Cincinnati's feature video to hear more about it.
- Creative House of Art and Design: Also located in Covington, CHAD is dedicated to providing professional instruction of art in friendly and safe surroundings. It's the perfect destination for kid-friendly activities and shopping.
- Tillie's Lounge: Check out this cocktail lounge and patio in the heart of historic Northside for weekly open mics, karaoke, drag shows, and even drag bingo.
- Wheat Penny Oven & Bar: Going out for dinner in Dayton? Wheat Penny in the Oregon District has California-styled pizza, Italian pasta dishes, salads, burgers and more! Read about the two openly gay Daytonians' journey of owning this restaurant: https://www.wheatpennydayton.com/about/.
altafiber commits to equality and acceptance of our employees, customers and community. We encourage everyone to be an active ally of the LGBTQ+ community by supporting the businesses or attending the events listed above. Learn more about our corporate values and PRIDE Employee Resource Group, here: https://www.cincinnatibell.com/about-us/social-impact/diversity.